4. What Personal Information We Collect, How We Collect It and our Legal Basis for the Processing of your Personal Information (GDPR only, if applicable). We do not currently require you to provide Personal Information in order to have access to general information available on certain portions of the Site, except as set forth below. We do receive and/or collect Personal Information from you in the following ways:
- a. Account. In order to use certain services that we offer via the Services, including without limitation, access to support services located at the Support Site, registration to and operation of the Konnect website and App. or the KISS website, which requires the phone number and email address of the website admin and users, accessing and purchasing products in the e-com Site, sign-up/login to Custom Gateway’s website or otherwise required for the use of the Site and/or Services, you may be required to create an account (“Account”). If you create an account you will be required to provide us with certain information, such as your name, user name, email address, the Product and/or Service you have purchased or are interested in purchasing, the name of your company name, your job title, your company’s address and country, and your work phone number, as well as a password that you will use for your Account (“Account Information”). In some cases, you may also choose to provide additional personal information as part of the Account registration process and in connection with your ongoing use of your Account and/or the Site. We may send you an e-mail to the e-mail address you submit to confirm your registration. If you choose not to create an Account, you may not be able to access or use certain features of the Products or Services, including without limitation the Support Site, the e-com Site, the Konnect website, and App. or certain parts of Custom Gateway’s website. We recommend that you keep your account details and password separate and secured and that you will not allow your browser to store your password. Kornit is not responsible to any damage that may be caused due to account and/or password breaches. Kornit is not responsible to any damage that may be caused due to account and/or password breach. Our legal basis is, as applicable, on our legitimate interest (e.g., to create an Account) and/or on the performance of a contract to which the data subject is party or in order to take steps at the request of the data subject prior to entering into a contract.
- b. ‘Contact Us’ Information. If you send us a “Contact Us” or other request, including a support request or any other enquiry in connection with our Products and Services, whether by submitting an online form that we make available, chatting with us on the Site or by sending an email to an email address that we display, you may provide us with certain information such as your name, email address, company name, country, and work phone number or any other information that you decide to provide us. Our legal basis is, as applicable, our legitimate interest (e.g., we collect such Personal Information in order to receive and respond to your request) and/or on the performance of a contract to which the data subject is party or in order to take steps at the request of the data subject prior to entering into a contract. We may also use such information in order to send you marketing materials. If we do, our legal basis is consent or our legitimate interest in the context of B2B communications.
- c. Request for Quote and Book a Demo. The Services may enable you to request a price quote for Products or parts (for example through the use of our E-Catalog) and/or to book a demo. When you complete a request for a quote or a demo, you are be required to provide certain information such as your full name, your email address, a billing address or shipping address or any other information that we need in order to fulfill your request. Our legal basis is, as applicable, our legitimate interest (e.g., we collect such Personal Information in order to receive and respond to your request for quote) and/or on the performance of a contract to which the data subject is party or in order to take steps at the request of the data subject prior to entering into a contract. We may also use such information in order to send you marketing materials. If we do, our legal basis is consent or our legitimate interest in the context of B2B communications.
- d. Konnect System. The Konnect Software (website and and App.) collects the user’s computer name and may collect data such as operational, technical and usage information of the user. In addition, we use tracking technologies in order to analyze users’ behavior within Konnect – for additional details please see the Cookies and Tracking Technologies sections below. The use of tracking technologies within Konnect may be performed on an identifiable personal data, this when the user or account name or other details such as computer name or IP address are connected with an identified individual.
- f. Newsletters/Updates: Our Services allow you to provide your contact details in order for us to send you our updates, cases studies and other marketing-related materials and communications. For this, we rely, as applicable, on our legitimate interest or on your consent.
- g. Other Personal Information for Marketing Purposes: We collect your Personal Data such as your full name, your email address, your position and the name of the company you work for when you exchange business cards with us or attend a marketing event (e.g., a webinar) and provide us with your Personal Information. For this, we rely, as applicable, on our legitimate interest or on your consent.
- h. Social Media Profiles: We collect your Personal Information such as, without limitation, your full name, your email address and any other publicly available information on your social media profiles in order to reply to any of your requests or questions and/or establish a business connection with you. Depending on the context, we will use as a legal basis our legitimate interest or your consent (e.g., if we want to send you marketing-related communication with such information).
- i. Personal Information of our customers, service providers, resellers, distributors, agents and/or finders: We collect the contact details (e.g., full name, email address, phone number, company name and any other information that you decide to provide us) of our customers, service providers, resellers, distributors, agents and/or finders in order to contact them during the ordinary course of our business and perform the applicable agreement. Our legal basis is, as applicable, the processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is party or in order to take steps at the request of the data subject prior to entering into a contract and/or our legitimate interest (e.g. to perform the contract, send contract-related communications) and/or compliance with a legal obligation (e.g. tax laws, bookkeeping laws, etc.).
- j. Log Files. We make use of log files. The information inside the log files includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, type of browser, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date/time stamp, referring/exit pages, clicked pages and any other information your browser may send to us. We may use such information to analyze trends, diagnose problems with our servers, administer the Services and the Site, track users’ movement around the Services, identify you for the duration of a session and gather demographic information.
- k. Clickstream Data. As you browse the Internet, a trail of electronic information is left at each web site you visit. This information, which is sometimes called “clickstream” data, can be collected and stored by a web site’s server. Clickstream data can tell us the type of computer and browsing software you use, the address of the web site from which you linked to the Web Site, and in some instances, your e-mail address. We may use clickstream data to determine how much time visitors spend on each page of the Site and how they navigate through the Site.
- l. Because we rely on third party commercial software and programs to operate our servers, we may inadvertently collect personal information due to certain automatic functions or features contained in such software or due to certain software changes or upgrades. We will use reasonable efforts to remove any such information after we discover such information in our system.
- n. Mobile Device Data. We may collect limited information from your mobile device in order to provide our Services or improve our Products. Such information may include your mobile device type, mobile device id, and date and time stamps of your use of our Services. In addition, we may deploy tracking technologies within the Services to help us gather aggregate statistics, but we will not use Personal Information for such purposes.
- p. Public Facebook profile data. We may collect public data which appears on Facebook profile of data subjects that connect with us via Facebook. In addition, you may also actively submit to us additional data through Facebook if you choose to do so.
5. The Way We Use Personal Information. If you submit or we collect Personal Information through the Services, then we may, in addition to the uses described above, use such Personal Information in the following ways, via any applicable communication channel, including e-mail, SMS, etc.:
- a. We will use your Personal Information to provide and improve our Products and Services, for analysis purposes, to send you marketing/advertisement communications that we believe may be of interest to you, to contact you in connection with our Products and Services and certain programs or offerings that you may have registered for, and to identify and authenticate your access to the parts of the Services that you are authorized to access.
- b. We may use your designated email address to: (i) send you updates or news regarding our Products and Services; and/or (ii) respond to a “Contact Us”, administrative request (for example, to change your password) or other request. Some of our communications with you are managed through a third-party marketing automation tool (Sales Manago).
- c. We may use Personal Information and/or Payment Information to charge you or collect payment for Products and Services you have ordered or to provide you with a price quote for a Product or Service.
The above sharing of data may include transfer to or access from a country outside your country of residence, subject to an agreement applying the requirements of the applicable data privacy laws. E.g., the transfer of information to Azure Microsoft cloud in the EU, the transfer of information to the Sales Manago marketing automation tool in the EU, etc.
- f. We may disclose your Personal Information or any information you submitted via our Products or Services if we have a good faith belief that disclosure of such information is helpful or reasonably necessary to: (i) comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request; (ii) enforce our Terms, including investigations of potential violations thereof; (iii) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud or security issues; or (iv) protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Kornit, our users, yourself or the public.
6. Use of Anonymous Information. We may use Anonymous Information (as defined below) or disclose it to third party service providers in order to improve our Products or Services and enhance your experience with our Products and Services. We may also disclose Anonymous Information (with or without compensation) to third parties, including advertisers and partners. “Anonymous Information” means information which does not enable identification of an individual user, such as aggregated information about the use of our Services.
7. Profiling. We may process your Personal Information for profiling of our customers for marketing and sales processes.
8. Opting Out. You may choose not to receive future promotional, advertising, or other Products or Services-related emails from us by selecting an unsubscribe link at the bottom of each email that we send. Please note that even if you opt out of receiving the foregoing emails, we may still send you a response to any “Contact Us” request as well as administrative emails (for example, in connection with a password reset request) that are necessary to facilitate your use of the Services.
9. Choice. At all times, you may choose whether or not to provide or disclose Personal Information. If you choose not to provide mandatory Personal Information, you may still visit parts of the Services but you may be unable to access certain options, programs, offers, and services that involve our interaction with you.
10. Data Subject Rights. The following rights (which may be subject to certain exemptions or derogations) shall apply to certain individuals (some of which only apply to individuals protected by the GDPR):
- a. Right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your Personal Information.
- b. Right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify Personal Information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- c. Right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your Personal Information in certain circumstances.
- d. Right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your Personal Information in certain circumstances.
- e. Right to object to processing – You have the right to object to the processing of your Personal Information in certain circumstances.
- f. Right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the Personal Information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
- g. Right to lodge a complaint – You have the right to lodge a complaint with your local data protection supervisory authority (i.e., your place of habitual residence, place or work or place of alleged infringement) at any time or before the relevant institutions in your place of residence. We ask that you please attempt to resolve any issues with us before you contact your local supervisory authority and/or relevant institution.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by dialing: +972-3-5148573 if you wish to make a request. Your email should include adequate details of your request. If the data protection legislation which applies to you, includes additional data subject rights, including the right to request additional information about data collection, right to request information about sales and disclosures and the right not to be discriminated against for exercising CCPA rights, you may exercise those by addressing us as aforesaid. All verifiable Users requests will be handled within the timeframe and subject to exceptions set under the applicable law.
12. Children’s Privacy. Our Protects and Services are not structured to attract children under the age of 13 years. Accordingly, we do not intend to collect Personal Information from anyone we know to be under 13 years. Because our software does not automatically distinguish visitors under 13 from other visitors, we require users under 13 years of age to obtain the consent of a parent, guardian, teacher, or librarian to view the Site. If we learn that we have collected Personal Information from a child under 13 years, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any such information, please contact us at email@example.com.
13. Security. We take security very seriously and follow generally accepted industry standards and applicable rules, to protect the Personal Information submitted to us. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. We cannot guarantee its absolute security or confidentiality and users of the Site use the Site at their own risk. If you have any questions about security, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
14. Merger, Sale or Bankruptcy. In the event that we are acquired by or merged with a third-party entity, or in the event of bankruptcy or a comparable event, we reserve the right to transfer or assign Personal Information in connection with the foregoing events.
15. California Privacy Rights. California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits our customers who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. Without derogating from rights that you may have under the CCPA, you may make such a specific request, by sending us an email to email@example.com. Please note that we are only required to respond to these specific requests one request per customer each year.
16. California Access Rights. In addition to general data subject rights specified in Section 10 above, under California Consumer Privacy Act, California residents can request access to the Personal Information collected about them in the last 12 months. Such request should be made by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by dialing: +972-3-5148573. Verifiable consumers requests shall be addressed, and data will be provided in a portable format, within 45 days, subject to exceptions set in the CCPA.
17. Our California Do Not Track Notice. We do not track consumers over time and across third party websites and therefore do not respond to Do Not Track signals. We do not allow third parties to collect personally identifiable information about an individual consumer’s online activities over time and across different web sites when a consumer uses the Services.
18. Deletion of Content from California Residents. If you are a California resident under the age of 18 and a registered user, California Business and Professions Code Section 22581 permits you to remove content or Personal Information you have publicly posted. If you wish to remove such content or Personal Information and you specify which content or Personal Information you wish to be removed, we will do so in accordance with applicable law. Please be aware that after removal you will not be able to restore removed content. In addition, such removal does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or Personal Information you have posted and that there may be circumstances in which the law does not require us to enable removal of content.
20. Our Contact Details. 12 Ha`Amal St., Afek Park, Rosh-Ha`Ayin 4809246, Israel Tel: +972.3.908.5800, email@example.com.
Last updated: July 7, 2021